The Low Down
The PT800 is VIA's latest Northbridge for the Pentium 4 platform and is accompanied with the new VT8237 Southbridge which carries support for Parallel ATA 66/100/133 along with Serial ATA RAID which we will talk more about later.
We mentioned that VIA are aiming this chipset more as a budget chipset as the pricing per 1000 chips is a lot cheaper when compared to Intel's latest chipsets. Current pricing on the 875 with ICH5R is $53 US and without ICH5R $50 US. While the 865 is priced slightly cheaper, the 865PE is $49 US, 865G is $45 US and 865P is $42 US. If VIA stick to their current pricing, the PT800 chipset will be priced under $30 US per 1000 chipsets for third party motherboard manufacturers, making it a lot more affordable for motherboard companies to produce. The cheaper chipset price, of course, carries over to the retail price of the motherboard which should be similar to P4X pricing.
It's also worth noting that other companies, like SIS, have to pay royalties per chipset to Intel which adds about $5 US per motherboard to the overall price of the product, VIA do not have to pay this as it was all part of the agreement after the closure of the court case.
- Supports full range of Intel Pentium 4 processors
- Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
- 800/533/400MHz FSB settings
- Supports up to 8GB DDR400/333/266 SDRAM with ECC
- Support for AGP 8X/4X
- V-Link 533 MB/sec high bandwidth North/South Bridge interconnect
- Support for VIA Vinyl Multichannel Audio Suite
- Serial ATA support for up to 4 devices
- Integrated V-RAID with RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, & JBOD (SATA) support
- Parallel ATA133/100/66 support for up to 4 devices
- Support for up to 8 USB 2.0/USB 1.1 ports, UHCI compliant
- Integrated MC'97 Modem
- Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet MAC
- Advanced power management capabilities including ACPI/OnNow
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 1 [Introduction]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 2 [Pentium 4's newest companion and Key Features]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 3 [PT800 / VT8237 in Detail]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 4 [V RAID - Windows Tool Software]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 5 [V RAID - SATA RAID Comparison]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 6 [Reference PT800 Photos]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 7 [Test Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- VIA PT800 Chipset - Page 16 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4