Looking above you can see our testbed and we won't go into any real detail as everything is really covered above. Instead we'll get into the overclocking side of things to see just how we went with our Intel 3770K CPU today.
We have a good idea what our 3770K is capable of which is around the 4.7GHz mark with Corsair H100 cooling. But I thought we'd go for the 4.8GHz profile and straight away we booted without an issue. Unfortunately when it was time to get into Windows we just couldn't and found ourselves greeted with a black screen.
It's clear that our 3770K doesn't want to get into the 4.8GHz range so we just jumped to the 4.7GHz profile which we had hoped wouldn't run into any problems. As we assumed we ran into no problems at all and got into Windows straight away.
We ended up heading back into the BIOS and started to mess around with the BCLK to see if we could get much more out of it, but unfortunately we didn't have a whole lot of luck. We got into Windows around the 4.77GHz mark, but ran into problems when we started benchmarking under Media Espresso, which is known to show stability issues with overclocking.
Looking above you can see we ultimately end up with a fairly even 4.7GHz overclock. I think the one piece of information that has to be noted, though, is that this is the easiest 4.7GHz overclock we've ever achieved. All we did was load Nick's profile and we got ourselves up and running in Windows without a single issue.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- OnePlus won't replace faulty USB Type-C cable on its OnePlus 2 handset
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader