Looking above you can see our testbed and we won't go into any real detail as everything is really covered above. Instead we'll get into the overclocking side of things to see just how we went with our Intel 3770K CPU today.
We have a good idea what our 3770K is capable of which is around the 4.7GHz mark with Corsair H100 cooling. But I thought we'd go for the 4.8GHz profile and straight away we booted without an issue. Unfortunately when it was time to get into Windows we just couldn't and found ourselves greeted with a black screen.
It's clear that our 3770K doesn't want to get into the 4.8GHz range so we just jumped to the 4.7GHz profile which we had hoped wouldn't run into any problems. As we assumed we ran into no problems at all and got into Windows straight away.
We ended up heading back into the BIOS and started to mess around with the BCLK to see if we could get much more out of it, but unfortunately we didn't have a whole lot of luck. We got into Windows around the 4.77GHz mark, but ran into problems when we started benchmarking under Media Espresso, which is known to show stability issues with overclocking.
Looking above you can see we ultimately end up with a fairly even 4.7GHz overclock. I think the one piece of information that has to be noted, though, is that this is the easiest 4.7GHz overclock we've ever achieved. All we did was load Nick's profile and we got ourselves up and running in Windows without a single issue.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives