ASRock with the help of its newest star recruit Nick Shih have put together a really strong performing motherboard here that really ticks all the right boxes. The first thing we've got to talk about is the overclocking side of things. We've never been able to overclock a board easier than this. Load up the profile you want and you can find what your CPU is capable of with ease.
I think the other massive shock comes in the pricing department and it's the good kind of shock. At $239.99 this is an extremely aggressively priced board. Considering the design and features behind it you'd really expect the price to be more expensive, especially when you compare it to the price of competing boards with the ASUS Maximus V Formula coming in at $279.99 and the upcoming GIGABYTE UP7 motherboard probably carrying with it a similar higher price tag.
On the bundle front we've got everything we need including the extra USB 3.0 header and the inclusion off the little bag which puts everything together in a nice little bundle, which again helps make it stand out from so many of the other Z77 boards we've looked at so far.
The area that I can't help but promote enough, though, is the profiles that Nick offers us. It just makes overclocking so much easier and really it's something that I'd love to see more and more companies offer. Especially when you consider the overclocking talent that companies like GIGABYTE and ASUS have on hand. By no means do we consider ourselves pro-overclockers (also a lot like our readers), but these profiles make life so much easier.
They're also such a massive step up from features like "OC Genie" which tend to just bump your CPU up to a fairly safe multiplier. Of course if you go to a profile that doesn't boot or get you in Windows then you can just clear the CMOS and try the next setting down.
While also on the profile side of things the other area that stands out is the BIOS which looks great. You can see that it's been changed slightly and looks good. When at ASRock we joked about the fact if Nick was going to have a picture of his face in the BIOS like someone else who works with ASRock, fortunately he chose not to go down that path.
If you're going for a strong overclock, a mild one or just want a motherboard that uses quality premium components, includes a good bundle and a strong feature set, this is a fantastic option from ASRock. And as always it comes in at an awesome price tag, an area where ASRock usually excels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY