High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Getting into the AA side of things you can see we manage to sneak in playable numbers at 1920 x 1200. The 62 FPS number is slightly behind the HD 7870, though.
Looking at Aliens vs. Predator you can see that AA just isn't an option with low numbers at both resolutions.
Far Cry 2 sees playable numbers at 1920 x 1200, but you can see at 2560 x 1600, we're below that 30 FPS minimum we want for smooth gameplay.
Metro 2033 with AA and AF isn't an option as you can see with low FPS.
Finishing up with Just Cause 2 you can see that we manage to get playable numbers just at 1920 x 1200. The fact we're just seeing playable numbers at 1920 x 1200, though, of course means that 2560 x 1600 numbers are pretty low coming in at 39 FPS. We don't consider this playable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.