This is just a fantastic NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 video card. I don't think there's really any other way to put it and it really surprised us in a couple of areas. AIO water cooling solutions don't always have the best name, but you can see that this option clearly does its job, and very well. The noise levels are simply fantastic which is great news considering we're dealing with two extra fans.
The best news comes from the temperature side of things. Of course you hope that solutions like this will put out some of the best numbers when it comes to cooling, but it's not always the case. Looking at the numbers, though, you can see we've got some awesome figures with the card being the second coolest cards we've tested to date. The only card that runs cooler is a low-end Radeon HD 7750 and that's only 3c cooler - amazing performance!
When it comes to the performance side of things the card is strong, but like other GTX 680's, it's plagued with issues at the highest resolution of 2560 x 1600. While some would blame the amount of memory on the card you can see that even with 4GB on the Inno3D offering, it falls behind. The issue isn't the amount of memory, but the fact that NVIDIA opted for a 256-bit memory bus while AMD offer a wider 384-bit bus. It's the biggest downfall when it comes to the GTX 680 and we would've loved to have seen them make it wider as I think it would've gave them a clear win over AMD at every resolution.
Considering the GTX 680 has been a bit quiet lately it's great to see Inno3D come out with something that clearly stands out from the pack in a big way. The problem is at the moment we don't know the price tag that is associated with the model and we know that it's not going to be cheap. Considering the amount of power this model puts out, though, and the efficiency of the cooler, the price is going to be easily justified for consumers who have the money to spend.
Having a high-end card that runs as quiet and cool as the Inno3D GTX 680 iChill Black Series Accelero Hybrid 4GB is a rarity and that means it's going to be expensive. And when you also consider the fact that Inno3D have taken the time to double the amount of GDDR5 memory, that's also going to bring a premium.
We're not sure how many of these cards Inno3D will sell because of the associated cost, but we're sure they're not going to be producing them like a normal GTX 680. If you're after a video card that is powerful and also is quiet and runs cool, this Inno3D video card should be at the top of your list.
Inno3D has done a fantastic job here making sure that the GTX 680 continues to stay relevant in a time where AMD are pushing out new variations to take the spot light off NVIDIA. This is easily one of the best, if not the best, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 video cards we've reviewed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes