In the not too distant past, the idea of having an aluminum case meant a huge investment of money. Add to the mix a modified case and you included a huge investment of time. The thought of having an affordable aluminum enclosure is excellent, but the thought of having an affordable pre-modded case is amazing.
Both of the models tested bring to the table the ability to have a sharp looking case that will make many of the folks at your next LAN party drool. A solid aluminum structure and a superb exterior coating make for an outstanding case. The added windows and lighting effects just make it that much better. While it doesn't have all the features of the big boys, it also doesn't have the hefty price tag.
Since we're talking prices, let me say that the CS-528 can be had for US$65 online with an included Enermax 300w PSU. This is an absurdly low price for a decent power supply and an aluminum case with windows and lighting. And while the pricing isn't yet available for the CS-718 Series, similar case designs from Enermax are going at about $15 higher, so it should be in this neighborhood.
Now don't take me wrong here, I'm not going to sit here and say that these cases are the best available. I generally use a Lian-Li that has been modified in my everyday system and it is both cooler and a bit more sturdy than the two reviewed today, but there is no doubt at all that you are definitely getting your money's worth from either of these two contenders tested today.
Bottom line...If you are on a budget but still want to have an aluminum enclosure with a lot to say for itself, then check out the Enermax CS-528 and CS-718 Series enclosures. They offer good quality, great looks and an excellent price for those who can't afford the big names in case designs. You will get more quality than many other manufacturers on the market at a price that won't make you cringe.
Several color choices
Good use of lighting effects
Removable motherboard tray
Textured acrylic finish on exterior
CS-528 loses two drive bays for LED light
CS-718 has no front air vents in bezel
Thinner aluminum than other cases
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 2 [CS-528]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 3 [CS-718]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 4 [Interior]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 6 [Lighting]
- Enermax CS Cases - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue that Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- Report: Mega Man movie gets greenlit by Fox
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015