Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Zalman doesn't give us a lot of information in their small specifications sheet, but the official product page is loaded with bits of information about performance, comparisons and such. The F1 Series consists of three capacity sizes - 60GB, 120GB and the 240GB size that we are reviewing today.
The 240GB model offers the highest random IOPS performance of the lineup. Zalman claims 45K IOPS read and write, but those are outdated numbers, as we'll show you today. The read IOPS performance is around 45K, but the 3.3.2 firmware delivers around 93K write IOPS, a large boost and a good showing of what SandForce is capable of when they finish their fine tuning of the firmware.
Firmware has become a hot issue over the last six months. In order to officially run 24nm Toshiba Toggle Mode flash LSI SandForce released firmware 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. Both of these releases broke the TRIM command, but LSI SF recently fixed the issue with 5.0.3. The Zalman F1 Series use IMFT flash and came loaded with firmware 3.3.2, one of the best SandForce firmware releases ever. With 3.3.2 we have working TRIM and very good performance, something we'll show you today.
Zalman offers a three year warranty and the F1 Series come with a desktop adapter bracket, screws for mounting and access to data migration software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications