Corsair Force GT 2012 240GB SSD
The new 32 chip Force GT design looks identical to the older design from the front.
The easiest way to tell if you have a 16 NAND 3/4 PCB Force GT or a new 32 NAND design is on the back. The older 16 chip design has a silver plug right in the middle on the back of the drive and you can see here, the 32 chip design doesn't.
The Force GT, just like the GS, has a standard 9.5mm z-height so these aren't going to work in many of the new ultrabooks. With 32 NAND flash chips the power draw will be quite a bit more too, but as we will show today, the Force GT 240GB is a beast for desktop use.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset to the side as they should be and the included desktop adapter bracket also offsets the drive.
A friend on Facebook the other day accused me of sleeping on NAND flash and stuffing my pillow with SandForce controllers. As you can see here, the Force GT 240GB with the new design actually makes such a feat possible.
The controller is the part that makes all of this flash possible. The LSI SandForce SF-2282 is rarely used in consumer SSDs, but luckily Corsair managed to find a good use for it.
There is flash everywhere!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED