Zalman F1 120GB SSD
The Zalman F Series SSD uses a light aluminum case to house the actual SSD that is inside.
The serial number and the Data Migration Utility key are on the back of the drive.
The F1 uses a 9.5mm z-height case so it's not going to work in many of the new ultrabooks, but it will work in the millions of existing notebooks and any desktop when using the included desktop adapter bracket.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset on the drive like they should be. The included adapter bracket also offsets the drive so the cables plug in more like those on 3.5" form factor drives. This helps when you have use SATA power cables that are tight and without a lot of flex.
Inside we found a SandForce SF-2281, exactly what we expected. Zalman paired the controller with Intel 25nm synchronous flash. This is the newer third generation 25nm flash too.
There are sixteen NAND flash chips, eight on each side and a lot of surface mount components on each side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017