Zalman F1 120GB SSD
The Zalman F Series SSD uses a light aluminum case to house the actual SSD that is inside.
The serial number and the Data Migration Utility key are on the back of the drive.
The F1 uses a 9.5mm z-height case so it's not going to work in many of the new ultrabooks, but it will work in the millions of existing notebooks and any desktop when using the included desktop adapter bracket.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset on the drive like they should be. The included adapter bracket also offsets the drive so the cables plug in more like those on 3.5" form factor drives. This helps when you have use SATA power cables that are tight and without a lot of flex.
Inside we found a SandForce SF-2281, exactly what we expected. Zalman paired the controller with Intel 25nm synchronous flash. This is the newer third generation 25nm flash too.
There are sixteen NAND flash chips, eight on each side and a lot of surface mount components on each side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook