Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.pcmark.com/benchmarks/
PCMark 7 is a great utility for testing a PC's all-around capabilities. It tests all aspects of the computer, from graphics performance to hard disk performance and attempts to put a score on it, which is not an easy task.
Interestingly enough, the cheaper and lower spec'd HP Folio beats out the iBUYPOWER in this test. Whereas the Valkyrie is a great gaming machine, it's clearly not the best for all-around use. In this instance, I'm sure the HP's SSD helped boost the score enormously while simultaneously lowering that of the Valkyrie.
In some of the more individualized tests, the Valkyrie destroys the HP. These suites include the entertainment and creativity suites, but the HP has the upper hand in the storage test suite. This is important in a computer's "snappiness" and the SSD beats out the traditional hard drive easily.
Mobile Mark 2012
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Product Homepage: http://bapco.com/products/mobilemark2012/
MobileMark 2012 is a premier benchmarking tool produced by BAPCo. It has several different scenarios built-in and allows you to choose which to run. It runs the test on battery life so that it produces both a score for the performance aspect and a run time for battery life.
For our testing, we chose the Office Productivity line of testing. The "Performance Qualification Rating" and battery life (in minutes) is reported below in the charts.
As you can see, the higher spec'd iBUYPOWER Valkyrie had much higher performance, but that performance came at a cost of battery life. A score of 75 is respectable for an Ultrabook and the battery life that comes with that score is even better.
As you can see, the battery life of the HP Folio 13 sits at 335 minutes or 5 hours and 35 minutes, which is a really great result. Running for this length of time should manage to get most people through their day. With a few battery life optimizations, such as dimming the screen, the battery should manage over 6 hours.
Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://www.crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
As you can see in the graph, the Folio 13's SSD proves to be much faster than the Valkyrie's traditional hard drive. This makes booting faster and the operating system feel snappier, even though the processor is slower.
The results are similar for write speeds. The Folio 13's SSD proves to be much quicker at writes, as would be expected, than a traditional hard drive. There is nothing surprising about these results, though HP could have opted for a faster SSD, even though taking the win here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel