The Build and Final Product
Removing the bezel I am pleased to see no wiring holding me back from adding my SSD and the DVD drive. To remove the 5.25" bay covers, they release from tabs on the inside. You will have to break out the extra panels if you are adding multiple 5.25" devices or even for the card reader 3.5" slot.
While the DVD drive does break up the darker black mesh that once was here from top to bottom, I have to say again that I really dig the latch system on the ODD bays as it is very secure and simple to use.
Two things I like here, one is the fact that I was able to get the Thermal Interference Shield back into the case to keep the GPU heat below it and the CPU heat going right out the back through the 120mm exhaust fan. The second is that the HD 7950 fits, but the latches don't work on this type of cooler setup; it is more designed for reference designs.
In the back there isn't much to discuss as everything lined up and went into place with no issues. Since the latches didn't work to support the card, I was happy to find out I could use a screw, even though I had to provide it.
Since there isn't an 8-pin hole at the top of the motherboard, all I had to route back here was the front I/O cabling and a SATA power lead. With it all tucked next to the hard drive bays there was no issues getting the panel over this.
If it weren't for the DVD drive at the top of the Mars VA-2 there wouldn't be any changes from when we first viewed this case from this angle. All we need to do now is hook up some power.
Just to get a good view of the lighting once the Mars has power, I got down to the fans level. As you can see the red LEDs are somewhat visible. What really sticks out is the plastic ring around the power button that glows blue. The reset button will also flash blue when the storage drive is active.
As you can see now, once you move away from the front of the chassis the red LEDS are almost invisible while the power button is easily visible, but not so bright that it would blind you if setting at eye level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs