The Build and Final Product
Removing the bezel I am pleased to see no wiring holding me back from adding my SSD and the DVD drive. To remove the 5.25" bay covers, they release from tabs on the inside. You will have to break out the extra panels if you are adding multiple 5.25" devices or even for the card reader 3.5" slot.
While the DVD drive does break up the darker black mesh that once was here from top to bottom, I have to say again that I really dig the latch system on the ODD bays as it is very secure and simple to use.
Two things I like here, one is the fact that I was able to get the Thermal Interference Shield back into the case to keep the GPU heat below it and the CPU heat going right out the back through the 120mm exhaust fan. The second is that the HD 7950 fits, but the latches don't work on this type of cooler setup; it is more designed for reference designs.
In the back there isn't much to discuss as everything lined up and went into place with no issues. Since the latches didn't work to support the card, I was happy to find out I could use a screw, even though I had to provide it.
Since there isn't an 8-pin hole at the top of the motherboard, all I had to route back here was the front I/O cabling and a SATA power lead. With it all tucked next to the hard drive bays there was no issues getting the panel over this.
If it weren't for the DVD drive at the top of the Mars VA-2 there wouldn't be any changes from when we first viewed this case from this angle. All we need to do now is hook up some power.
Just to get a good view of the lighting once the Mars has power, I got down to the fans level. As you can see the red LEDs are somewhat visible. What really sticks out is the plastic ring around the power button that glows blue. The reset button will also flash blue when the storage drive is active.
As you can see now, once you move away from the front of the chassis the red LEDS are almost invisible while the power button is easily visible, but not so bright that it would blind you if setting at eye level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- 'Streets of Rage', 'Altered Beast' films on the way
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand