The HydroCool looks excellent, is easy to setup and the results really do speak for themselves - overall we have a fantastic product from Corsair with the assistance of Delphi. When it comes to water cooling, people usually look out for three things: ease of use, quality and price. The HydroCool 200 has two out of three of these requirements and is only let down by its asking price of around the $235 US mark which will be out of reach for some. Although one thing worth looking at when considering the price is that it's backwards compatible with both of the current high-end processors on the market which will help bring down the cost of transferring your water cooling if you decide to change processor at any time, for whatever reason you may have.
There are only two things that Corsair could have improved with this product. Firstly is the placement of the temperature probe. In the case Corsair chooses to produce a new model, this is hopefully something they will look at and rectify in the future by placing the probe MUCH closer to the processor core or by taking reads from the motherboard probe.
Secondly, Corsair advertises the HydroCool 200 as being quiet but it is far from it. The HydroCool is a noisy product when the fans are put into turbo mode. (However, at default fan speeds, it is at a level which you will be able to stand without any problems) This is something people will dislike as when they purchase water cooling products you naturally expect a drop in noise output levels, not in fact the opposite.
Overall we have an excellent product here which is very easy and not too time consuming for even newbie computer users (with the included, easy to read, instructions in hand) to operate and being a complete package it saves us the hassles and time of having to source parts for an entire water cooling system which Corsair has utterly mastered with their HydroCool 200.
Performs very well
High quality build
Everything included so you can get straight into it
A tad expensive
Not as quiet as some will like
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card