To give you an idea of how each cooler performs in an overclocked environment, our processor FSB was increased to 250MHz and the voltage on the processor core increased to 1.700 volts which is an 0.175 volt increase over the default voltage setting of the Pentium 4 Northwood core - it will be interesting to see how the coolers handle the higher voltage and how it reflects in our tests.
At 250MHz FSB or 3500MHz clock, with the stock Intel HSF our test system became unstable. We were able to move up to 265MHz FSB or 3710MHz clock before we started seeing system instability with the Corsair HydroCool 200. Due to the high FSB, we are getting to the point where the stock northbridge cooler on the IC-7 is becoming our limitation due to the heat the northbridge is putting out - not necessarily the Corsair HydroCool 200.
Idle Temperature - 250 FSB
Overclocked idle temperatures show a huge 12.5c or roughly a 34% difference between the two coolers.
Load Temperature - 250 FSB
Under load the gap is closer but the stock HSF is almost touching 60c while the HydroCool is at 50c which is 19% cooler than the stock HSF and much more workable if you intend on hitting these highly overclocked speeds yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rise for 'Kong' in first 'Skull Island' trailer
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard