To give you an idea of how each cooler performs in an overclocked environment, our processor FSB was increased to 250MHz and the voltage on the processor core increased to 1.700 volts which is an 0.175 volt increase over the default voltage setting of the Pentium 4 Northwood core - it will be interesting to see how the coolers handle the higher voltage and how it reflects in our tests.
At 250MHz FSB or 3500MHz clock, with the stock Intel HSF our test system became unstable. We were able to move up to 265MHz FSB or 3710MHz clock before we started seeing system instability with the Corsair HydroCool 200. Due to the high FSB, we are getting to the point where the stock northbridge cooler on the IC-7 is becoming our limitation due to the heat the northbridge is putting out - not necessarily the Corsair HydroCool 200.
Idle Temperature - 250 FSB
Overclocked idle temperatures show a huge 12.5c or roughly a 34% difference between the two coolers.
Load Temperature - 250 FSB
Under load the gap is closer but the stock HSF is almost touching 60c while the HydroCool is at 50c which is 19% cooler than the stock HSF and much more workable if you intend on hitting these highly overclocked speeds yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20