To give you an idea of how each cooler performs in an overclocked environment, our processor FSB was increased to 250MHz and the voltage on the processor core increased to 1.700 volts which is an 0.175 volt increase over the default voltage setting of the Pentium 4 Northwood core - it will be interesting to see how the coolers handle the higher voltage and how it reflects in our tests.
At 250MHz FSB or 3500MHz clock, with the stock Intel HSF our test system became unstable. We were able to move up to 265MHz FSB or 3710MHz clock before we started seeing system instability with the Corsair HydroCool 200. Due to the high FSB, we are getting to the point where the stock northbridge cooler on the IC-7 is becoming our limitation due to the heat the northbridge is putting out - not necessarily the Corsair HydroCool 200.
Idle Temperature - 250 FSB
Overclocked idle temperatures show a huge 12.5c or roughly a 34% difference between the two coolers.
Load Temperature - 250 FSB
Under load the gap is closer but the stock HSF is almost touching 60c while the HydroCool is at 50c which is 19% cooler than the stock HSF and much more workable if you intend on hitting these highly overclocked speeds yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New chip could charge your phone in 10 minutes, Samsung interested
- 2nd-gen MSI ECO series motherboards debut
- Raspberry Pi Zero is a $5 programmable computer
- ASUS celebrates 20 years of making GPUs with GTX 980 Ti Golden Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family