Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz "C" (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Motherboard(s): Abit IC7 (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Video card(s): PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Memory: 2 X 256 Meg Corsair PC-3500(Supplied by Altech Computers)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB 7200RPM (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional
Drivers Used: Catalyst 3.4
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 and Winbond Hardware Doctor
Test System Notes
Temperatures were taken two different ways - from the inbuilt HyrdoCool display (for the water cooling only) and from within Windows with Winbond Hardware Doctor for the HyrdoCool and stock Intel HSF, which, as we mentioned earlier, provides a more accurate reading than the inbuilt HyrdoCool display monitor as the reading from within Windows is taken much closer to the processor core.
SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 was used to generate load by using the Burn-In Wizard that we ran for 15 minutes on each. We then took three random readings during each of the tests and averaged them out which gave us our final load results at default and overclocked speeds.
Idle Temperature - Default Clock
At default clock speeds, we see 6c or roughly a 17% difference between the Hydrocool and the stock Intel HSF. You will also notice that the HydroCool temperature display is 10c from the actual processor temperature reinforcing our statement about the problem with where Corsair placed the probe.
Load Temperature - Default Clock
As soon as the processor is put under load, we notice 10.5c or roughly a 24% difference between the two coolers and the temperature display way out again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis