Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz "C" (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Motherboard(s): Abit IC7 (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Video card(s): PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Memory: 2 X 256 Meg Corsair PC-3500(Supplied by Altech Computers)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB 7200RPM (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional
Drivers Used: Catalyst 3.4
Software Used: SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 and Winbond Hardware Doctor
Test System Notes
Temperatures were taken two different ways - from the inbuilt HyrdoCool display (for the water cooling only) and from within Windows with Winbond Hardware Doctor for the HyrdoCool and stock Intel HSF, which, as we mentioned earlier, provides a more accurate reading than the inbuilt HyrdoCool display monitor as the reading from within Windows is taken much closer to the processor core.
SiSoft Sandra MAX 3 was used to generate load by using the Burn-In Wizard that we ran for 15 minutes on each. We then took three random readings during each of the tests and averaged them out which gave us our final load results at default and overclocked speeds.
Idle Temperature - Default Clock
At default clock speeds, we see 6c or roughly a 17% difference between the Hydrocool and the stock Intel HSF. You will also notice that the HydroCool temperature display is 10c from the actual processor temperature reinforcing our statement about the problem with where Corsair placed the probe.
Load Temperature - Default Clock
As soon as the processor is put under load, we notice 10.5c or roughly a 24% difference between the two coolers and the temperature display way out again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We are looking for a professional YouTuber for video content
- Digitize Photos, Important Files, and More in 8 Seconds
- We are looking for a US-based news reporter, join our awesome team!
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015