Main Features Continued
- Duel Retention Clips
One feature that is going to save people money in the future is the inclusion of the Dual Retention clips that give users the opportunity, not to only use it on one setup (AMD or Intel), but both due to its excellent and well thought out design.
This is, of course, going to be a very handy feature if you are someone who upgrades often or if you are currently looking for a water cooling solution but in the near future are looking to upgrade to a different socket style processor than you currently use.
- 12V brushless pump
One problem behind a lot of water cooling kits available on the market today is the fact that you have to run power from your wall socket, inside the case to the pump. While this isn't always a major problem, it can be quite annoying getting the cable inside and outside of your case without case modification.
Corsair addresses this problem by using a 12V brushless pump that simply plugs into a molex connector within your case and this is quite handy for a few reasons.
For example, in the case you forgot to power on your pump at the wall socket before your computer, you don't have to risk any hardware damage. This intelligent system by Corsair is perfect for people who turn their systems off and on regularly as you don't have to be switching off several power switches before you leave the computer.
Due to this very design, the alarms work perfectly when it comes to shutting your computer down. If a leak occurred for whatever reason while the system was on but you were away from it, you wouldn't have to worry about the system constantly trying to pump water through the system while you work, rest or play - it will simply shut the system and the Hydrocool 200 down at the same time taking the worry out of water cooling your computer.
The problem with most water cooling kits is that people are too scared to set them up due to the fact that computer parts and water don't always mix too well - for obvious reasons.
The problem is that most water cooling kits are usually difficult to install and requires for the installer to know about computers and feel confident when dealing with water in an electrical environment - again, for obvious reasons. One advantage to the Corsair HydroCool 200 system is its ease of setup.
Overall the installation on the Corsair Hydrocool is one of the easiest we have tested taking no more than an hour to completely install and fit to our test system. If you're a beginner to water cooling and you're looking for something that is very easy to setup which will not require mass dosage of your favorite headache tablets to conquer, this unit would have to be one of the easiest on the market available today in our opinion.
Now we're done with the features, let's have a look at how it performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog