- Extracts up to 200W of heat from a PC CPU
- Extremely low noise
- Included CPU water block fits both P4 and K7
- High efficiency water block and heat exchanger gives RSA rating of 0.13
- Rugged high reliability 12V in line pump
- Visual flow meter confirms water flow
- Non - drip quick connect hoses allow system to be easily separated from PC with no leaks
- Real time temperature display in both Centigrade and Fahrenheit
- Programmable alarms and emergency shut down
As you can see from the chart which was ripped directly from the PDF data sheet file from their website, it looks like Corsair have the jump on their competition, we will have a look at some of the features more in-depth in just a moment.
How It Works - Short lesson on Water Cooling
While putting together DIY (Do It Yourself) water cooling kits you also learn the basics of how water cooling works as you do. If you are new to the scene and wondering how water cooling does work, you will find that there really isn't much too it at all.
Here is a typical description of how a closed circuit water cooling system works, just like our HyrdoCool 200:
The loop starts with the reservoir which holds the water, just like the name would suggest. From there the pump pushes the water through the piping moving toward the radiator with fan/fans cooling it down as well as the water which passes through it - just like a regular car radiator system. (Radiators vary in size - simple ones that use 1 X 80mm fan or 1 X 120mm fan (like the HydroCool 200), some people go for 2 X 120mm fans and from there you can go even bigger depending how extreme you want to go and how cool you want the water to be)
Now the water has been cooled, the flow continues on through the radiator and through to your water block or blocks where the water passes through them to cool your processor or northbridge or GPU. Due to these pieces of hardware operating at hot temperatures, the water is warmed up and obviously is required to be cooled down again at some stage. (This is where the pump comes into play making the whole cycle possible - otherwise you'd have to put up with warm water which will not work after a few minutes as water temperatures increase)
From there the water flows back to the reservoir through the pump and again through the radiator for another loop and so the cycle goes on and on and on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse