- Extracts up to 200W of heat from a PC CPU
- Extremely low noise
- Included CPU water block fits both P4 and K7
- High efficiency water block and heat exchanger gives RSA rating of 0.13
- Rugged high reliability 12V in line pump
- Visual flow meter confirms water flow
- Non - drip quick connect hoses allow system to be easily separated from PC with no leaks
- Real time temperature display in both Centigrade and Fahrenheit
- Programmable alarms and emergency shut down
As you can see from the chart which was ripped directly from the PDF data sheet file from their website, it looks like Corsair have the jump on their competition, we will have a look at some of the features more in-depth in just a moment.
How It Works - Short lesson on Water Cooling
While putting together DIY (Do It Yourself) water cooling kits you also learn the basics of how water cooling works as you do. If you are new to the scene and wondering how water cooling does work, you will find that there really isn't much too it at all.
Here is a typical description of how a closed circuit water cooling system works, just like our HyrdoCool 200:
The loop starts with the reservoir which holds the water, just like the name would suggest. From there the pump pushes the water through the piping moving toward the radiator with fan/fans cooling it down as well as the water which passes through it - just like a regular car radiator system. (Radiators vary in size - simple ones that use 1 X 80mm fan or 1 X 120mm fan (like the HydroCool 200), some people go for 2 X 120mm fans and from there you can go even bigger depending how extreme you want to go and how cool you want the water to be)
Now the water has been cooled, the flow continues on through the radiator and through to your water block or blocks where the water passes through them to cool your processor or northbridge or GPU. Due to these pieces of hardware operating at hot temperatures, the water is warmed up and obviously is required to be cooled down again at some stage. (This is where the pump comes into play making the whole cycle possible - otherwise you'd have to put up with warm water which will not work after a few minutes as water temperatures increase)
From there the water flows back to the reservoir through the pump and again through the radiator for another loop and so the cycle goes on and on and on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 2 [Specifications and Features Comparison and How It Works]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 3 [Main Features]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 4 [Main Features Continued and Installation]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 5 [Test System and Benchmark Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Overclocking Results]
- Corsair HydroCool 200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG confirms $1.75 billion investment in flexible OLED displays
- $299 Xbox One S bundled with free copy of Halo 5, launches Aug 23
- Burnout creators begin work on new driving game with VR support
- Jon Rettinger: Apple is 'boring', 'stopped innovating years ago'
- Carpool Karaoke fan? Yeah, Apple signs 16 episodes for Apple Music
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio