BitFenix Hydra Pro Fan and LED Controller
The front of the Hydra Pro has a sleek and mostly flat design all covered in the black SofTouch coating. Around each of the five controllers there is a raised section to keep you from accidentally hitting the sliders and the LED button is grey to stand out, but yet match enough not to be obtrusive.
Both sides of the Hydra Pro have this tab on it to allow you to install it into any 5.25" bay of a chassis and they supply the screws to do so in one of the three sets of holes.
The wiring connected to the back of the unit gives you 12 inches of the LED ribbon cable to power fan LEDs. The group below that is tied up is the five fan leads that stretch 28 inches and the Molex power lead that is 26 inches in length to give you the best chance at still having a wire managed system with this installed.
I went ahead and removed the cabling to allow for a better view of the power circuitry.
The left side has the five 3-pin fan headers across the top and all of the resistors and caps needed to deliver the power through the controller. Each circuit is labelled with the same numbers, but are denoted with A-E letters to show which resistor, cap or MOSFET goes to which channel.
The right side has the power plug at the top next to the single phase HK 19F power inverters. This can step voltage from three volts at the low end to 12 at the top end of the power delivery. The pins between the pair of yellow chips there are the five channels for the fan LED cables connectivity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now