GIGABYTE Aivia Osmium Continued
Flipping the Osmium onto the keys, you can see the wrist wrest simply clips onto both side of the front edge. It also encases the front edge of the keyboard and is pretty solid and shouldn't come lose during the heat of a battle.
Next to each of the clips for the wrist rest there are also risible feet in the front. These can be used with the rest in place to help change the angle if the flat layout bothers you. They are also rubber padded so that you don't slide around.
The feet near the back edge of the keyboard are much bigger and taller than those on the front, but they also get the rubber pad on them to keep the Osmium in place on any surface, even glass.
Removing the W, A, S and D keys you can see the keys are in fact backed with Cherry MX Red Switches that each contain their own LED to illuminate the keys.
I also pulled random keys from all of the other sections of the Osmium and just as it was stated, the entire layout is backed with these switches and their own LEDs.
Back together and powered on, you can see the Aivia logo illuminated and I applied all of the locks to be sure to show them in this as well. This section has one color of LED, if you change the profile color, the "lock" color changes with it.
I went ahead and grabbed the extra keycaps and replaced a few of the G-keys with them. Illuminated you can see that there is the ghost, a shield, fire and lightning key caps for your customizing pleasure.
Now we can see the entire Aivia Osmium from GIGABYTE lit up and ready for action. I am happy to say that all of the LEDs work and the keyboard is fully functional. Now is the time to put some use on it and see what I think about it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20