GIGABYTE Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
With the Osmium now out of the box, you can see there is a bit of a play on angles in the wrist wrest and with the bump out at the top, but overall this is a clean looking solution to get your typing on with.
The left section of the keyboard offers the standard 74-key layout. All of the key caps are laser etched to allow the back lit illumination pass through the keys while the letters, numbers and icons won't wear off over time.
Above the standard layout is a set of five G-keys that work for presets or Macros with two scroll wheels placed just off to the right. Keep in mind there are five profiles you can run and with the five G-keys, that leaves a constant selection of 25 Macros right at the click of a button or two. The wheels control the LED intensity and the volume of the PC.
The right side contains 31 keys in the command and number keys, including the arrows too. At the top where it says Aivia, that is the profile button I keep talking about. The whole plate presses down and the logo will change through five colors to denote which profile is in use.
With all of the feet being flat, the angle of the keys is slightly tipped to the back for use. Also on this side you can see both the audio and microphone pass-through and the USB 3.0 pass-through port for uploading files and swapping PC BIOS files.
Along the back you will find the fat braided cable coming out of the center of the board and to the users right (left side in this image) there is also a USB 2.0 port for a mouse or headset that doesn't use 3.5mm jacks.
I went and raised the feet on the back to elevate the rear of the keyboard a half of an inch more to make the keys lean forward toward the user for a better feel across the keys. Also found on the left is the "Ghost" icon that you will find in the software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus blames third-parties for faulty USB Type-C cable and adapter
- 4Chan fights terrorism with humor, photoshopping rubber ducks on ISIS
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis