Palit have done a good job here with the GEFORCE GTX 660 Ti by offering a nice out of the box overclock in both the core and memory department and this is going to help it outperform the reference clocked options. And of course today you can see that thanks to the quality of the cooler, the overclocking potential on the JetStream option is really strong helping boost performance very well.
We shouldn't see a lot of reference clock cards pushed onto the market as we see companies do their thing to the GTX 660 Ti from day one. So if it comes down to a video card that you're not going to overclock yourself, then the out of the box clocks are going to be important for you. While Palit didn't do a lot with the memory clock, it's nice that they did choose to give it a slight boost.
The JetStream cooler has also proved itself extremely well again offering some good numbers and while running a little warmer, considering the strong overclock and the extra voltage running through the card, the numbers aren't something that worry us - especially when you see at times we're able to sneak ahead of the much more expensive GTX 680.
One of the areas I think the new model will really shine, though, is going to be SLI which is an area we haven't had a chance to look at. With a decent price tag for two we should see some excellent performance come out of a pair helping cement the model as a perfect option for 2560 x 1600 gaming when running in SLI dual graphics mode.
What is AMD going to do now? Well, we've seen the company respond with the new HD 7950 Boost model which will be the next video card to go in our testbed. It only hasn't because samples of this new NVIDIA model came in very last minute and not everyone is promoting it. We're really only seeing AMD partners push the new Boost model, which is much the same way we saw AMD partners push the HD 7970 GHz Edition.
In the end this makes a lot of sense to us as partners of both NVIDIA and AMD probably don't really mind which model you buy - as long as it's from them. It's going to be rather interesting to see how the new Boost model from AMD goes, though. What is also going to be interesting is the coming weeks which will see the launch of the GTX 650 and GTX 660. Can NVIDIA continue the strong push with these mid-range models or will moving below the GTX 660 Ti become a bit of a bore?
For now, though, if you're looking at spending around that mid $300 area this is going to be a really nice option for you as Palit has put together a great version of the new GTX 660 Ti. I suppose we just continue to wait, though, and see what other partners bring to the table as this price bracket is no doubt one of the most important for NVIDIA and its partners as it's where the real quantity is sold.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio