When we looked at the new reference clocked GTX 660 Ti the other week, we find ourselves extremely impressed with it. Today we continue to find ourselves impressed with it if not slightly more as we see partners attack the model straight away and go to work on the new GPU.
When we saw the MSI GTX 660 Ti arrive and it fall under the Power Edition labeling, we instantly knew that we'd more than likely have something that was special on our hands based on past experiences. Normally we'd skip the out of the box overclock, though, and move straight into the overclocking side of things. Because this is the first retail GTX 660 Ti we're looking at, though, and the out of the box overclock is quite strong, we wanted to see just what someone could expect from the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition in the event they didn't want to overclock.
That means the next thing we've got to do is overclock this bad boy and see what features like Triple Overvoltage can do for our clock speeds. With potentially a strong overclock on offer, we should see even better performance out of the model and it will be interesting to see if we can get the new model sitting against the more expensive GTX 600 series offerings and the new HD 7970 GHz Edition video card.
Moving onto the specifics of this model, though, it's just a solid MSI video card - this is just something we have come to expect and the trend continues. The Twin Frozr cooler as always does an excellent job when it comes to cooling the GPU and doing it at a good noise level that isn't going to annoy you. Overall quality is also fantastic as you'd expect from a card that falls under the Power Edition label and the only area where we see it not shine, is the same area we see most cards not shine in these days, and that is the bundle.
We should really see a lot of GTX 660 Ti models hit the market today and come in at a price point around $299 - $349; higher than what was initially speculated. Deciding which one to buy is no doubt going to come down to price and personal preference, but the chances are if you've used MSI video cards in the past, the Power Edition one we looked at today is one that should grab your attention.
If you're looking at a video card that is going to fall in at around the $300 mark, you're going to be hard press to look at something other than the new GTX 660 Ti. Let's see what AMD does to respond to the latest model from NVIDIA. There's no denying that good times are ahead for the consumer, though, as both companies battle each other.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications