High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
While we can see under Mafia II 1920 x 1200 isn't a problem for the new GTX 660 Ti. You can see when we move to the more intensive 2560 x 1600 resolution that the FPS drops to a level which we consider unplayable.
Aliens vs. Predator on the other hand doesn't have the same luxury as you see our numbers at both resolutions are below 60.
While many consider Far Cry 2 to be not intensive you can see even here the new GTX 660 Ti Power Edition struggles to hit that 30 FPS minimum we want at the highest resolution when AA and AF is turned on for a smooth gaming experience.
Metro 2033 with AA and AF on hardly sees a move in the FPS which ultimately means we're again at below playable levels.
Finally we finish up with Just Cause 2 and at 1920 x 1200 with AA and AF on we can see some strong performance. Moving to 2560 x 1600, though, with the same settings, just isn't an option as we see the FPS drop significantly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.