Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the new Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD. The same red case from the Force GT was used and we like the color choice. With so many gray and black SSDs on the market, we welcome some color variety.
There isn't much going on with the back, but we do get to see the mounting points on the bottom of the drive. These are used for many in notebook installs. If your notebook uses this method the Force GS will fit right in.
The side mounting points are also where they should be.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset on the drive and Corsair chose a desktop adapter bracket that also offsets the drive so your connectors line up with 3.5" form factor drives.
The Corsair 3/4 PCB design is something we've seen before. Corsair moved the flash closer to the controller and lobbed off about 1/4 of the excess PCB. The controller used is the LSI SandForce SF-2281. What makes the Force GS unique to the Force product line is the SanDisk 24nm Toggle Mode flash. The 240GB model we're looking at today uses 16 NAND flash chips, eight on each side.
There are other SSDs on the market with SanDisk Toggle Mode flash like the SanDisk Extreme and the VisionTek Racer; both of those 240GB drives use just eight NAND flash chips. The Force GS uses 16 and because of that we hope this model increases interleaving. We'll find out in a couple of days when the SanDisk Extreme 240GB arrives with the same firmware we're running on the GS today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Quest Builders FREE demo now available for users
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now