High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Starting off with Mafia II we can see that all our cards have no problem dealing with the game when AA and AF is turned on. Moving to 2560 x 1600, though, you can see we're only able to break the 60 FPS barrier with the highly clocked HD 7970 GHz Edition cards.
With AA and AF on we can see all our AMD offerings manage to offer us playable FPS with the best coming from our highly clocked GHz Edition cards again. At 2560 x 1600, though, you can see it's just not an option on any of the single GPU models we have here.
Looking at our Far Cry 2 AA and AF numbers you can see that we don't run into the same kind of issues as we did with the other cards. We've got playable numbers across the board here at both resolutions from all cards.
Under Metro 2033 we can see that all our cards offer playable FPS at 1920 x 1200 when AA and AF is turned on. The difference is you can see the NVIDIA offerings manage to only scrape in the numbers we need for a solid gaming experience, while the AMD numbers look a lot more convincing with the Vapor-X only falling behind the TOXIC. Moving to 2560 x 1600, though, sees all cards fall below that 60 FPS number we want to see.
Finally we finish with Just Cause 2 and we can see 1920 x 1200 is perfect, while 2560 x 1600 falls behind that 60 FPS mark by only a single FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair