EK-DDC X-TOP CSQ
The EK-DDC X-TOP CSQ can be added to the DDC-3.1 pump with relative ease. As you may have guessed, since the packaging and CSQ name apply, this is a plexi pump top to match the rest of the kit.
The color has changed to hot pink, but the information provided here is the same as the rest of the products. If the product is broken or faulty get with EKWB as soon as possible. Otherwise the two year warranty is against workmanship and parts, not anything you do accidentally.
At the top of this box you find as new set of screws and the paperwork to tell you how to replace the pump top.
Just like the rest of the kit that comes in a box, there are layers of foam and a bag containing the parts within. This is so light though, unless something really bad was to happen, it is highly unlikely to get damaged.
It's a bit hard to tell, but this is looking at the inside of the pump top. The plexi is cut to accept the top of the pump impeller and the rubber O-ring. The water is pulled into the top through the middle and spins out of the right side where the notch sticks out.
Both the top and this side of the X-TOP are threaded with G1/4 threads to accept any standard barbs or fittings. This top should also significantly improve the pump flow since it is now flowing directly into the center and right out the side without the tight bends and narrow fittings of the stock top.
I had to pimp the lean on the screw to get a somewhat straight look at the front or top of the pump top. This time there are only six circles to match the theme with the inlet being one of them. At the bottom the name of the top and the metal EK logo are also present.
The screws sent with the block top are longer than the default screws. Since the plexi top is so much thicker, be sure you are trying to mount the X-TOP with the correct hardware.
The instructions are pretty simple to get this top swapped out. Remove the old screws and top, make sure the O-ring is back in place and then using the new screws mount the plexi top to the pump.
When it is fully assembled you should have something that looks very similar to my Laing DDC-3.1 with the EK-DDC X-TOP combination.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Oculus Rift-ready gaming PC pre-orders will open on February 16
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance