EK-Supremacy Nickel-plexi CPU Block Continued
The EK-Supremacy is a three piece assembly with a nickel plated copper base plate with the clear plexi top sandwiching the Intel mounting bracket. As you can see the top of the block is screwed on through the base, but I can only guess that these holes are for LEDs, if you want to add them.
The bottom of the block where the CPU will eventually make contact is covered with a paper sticker to keep anything that may happen to the block out of the packaging. In the box I doubt this will be damaged at all.
Removing the sticker and placing a spring and thumbscrew on the base, you can see by the perfect reflection how finely polished this base is out of the box. Against a razor it is very flat and level with the only deviation being at the outside edge of the four screws.
Inside of the base, there are over 50 micro channels to give this block its low resistance rating and some 20% improvement over the Supreme blocks. The water flows in the center of the fins and out and around to be pulled out via the large channel around the outside.
Inside of the top you see the J1 jet plate which strangely isn't assigned a specific CPU assignment like the other two and the thick rubber washer to seal the three components together. This is the perfect time to drop in the J2 plate for my LGA1155 CPU or swap out for the AMD mounting bracket.
It's a bit tough to see, but you are looking at the back of the "in" threads. You can see the end is blocked off diverting all in flow through the jet plate and through the slits in the base plate of the block.
I removed the J1 plate since the instructions say to use the J2 plate, which is now in the top, for my specific CPU and this is the plate I will be using for the testing.
The front of the accompanying instruction show the block in an exploded view at the top with explanations of the components and next to is there is the talk of the jet plates and uses. At the bottom they start with the disassembly for a new plate or mounting bracket.
On the flip side is where you get to the mounting instructions. These aren't complicated, but pay attention to the fine details as specific sockets require slightly different bits of the installation kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- All new Halo games will have split-screen, 343i confirms
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications