EK-Supremacy Nickel plexi CPU Block
The EK-Supremacy I received has a nickel base and a clear plastic top. With all the new gear from EKWB circles are the theme and it even shows on the packaging. If this one doesn't strike you right, there are five other versions of this block to be had.
Sliding the cover off the box, you have an orange inner box that displays a bit of information. EK expects that you should be an expert user to be installing the block. EK also states that damages by the block to the motherboard and CPU are the buyers issue and not theirs along with the two year warranty information at the right side.
When you pop the top of the box you are first greeted with the hardware and instruction sheet.
Protected under a layer of cardboard and between two pieces of foam, the EK-Supremacy comes shipped in a sealed plastic bag very well protected during transit, even if by itself.
Under the block you will find three plates. The one at the left is for LGA1155/1156 CPUs, the middle plastic coated one is the AMD top bracket and the one nearest to you is the LGA1366, LGA2011 and AMD back plate with a thick rubber pad under it to isolate the bracket from the motherboard.
In the kit you receive four springs and four large thumbscrews at the top of the image. There are four mounting legs for LGA2011 and four legs in the middle for all other mounting where the nylon washers are used between them and the board. At the bottom is a jet plate for LGA2011 on the left and LGA11556/1156 on the right.
It seems EKWB has teamed up with Gelid, as the included thermal paste is the Gelid GC Extreme with a label with both the Gelid and EK names on it.
As I mentioned the CPU block is sealed from the manufacturer to show you whether or not the block has been tampered with since it was assembled, tested and packaged.
Finally the EK-Supremacy Nickel-plexi CPU block is out for viewing. On the plexi top there are nine circles, one of which has a metal cap with an EK logo on it. The other two holes are threaded with G1/4 threads and the left one is the out and the one on the right is the in.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 to cost little over $900
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller