The Build and Finished Product
The mounting plate for the back of the CPU to go ahead and start putting on the EK-Supremacy needs the outer section of rubber from the AMD/Intel back plate. This washer also needs lifted from this plate shown to the correct plate for my LGA1155 CPU.
With the washer on the motherboard, I aligned the LGA1155/1156 back plate. You can see it is more specific with the holes drilled for the socket retention screws. Now we need to flip the board over.
Grabbing the four white nylon washers and sticking them on the short end of the retention screws isolated the motherboard as you screw them down finger tight.
Once the screws are tight, add some of the TIM, set the block gently on the CPU and install the springs on the top of the block mounting bracket.
At this point you take the cover style thumb screws and in a cross pattern, you tighten all four of these until the threads stop. At this point the EK-Supremacy is ready for compression fittings and the rest of the kit.
I grabbed the radiator, reservoir, pump and the Supremacy and screwed the fittings into the threads without the threaded caps in place. This way I don't tighten them both and loosen a fitting trying to remove the caps.
After a bit of tube cutting and some easy routing I filled the radiator and the reservoir and have already primed the loop and got rid of the major air trapped in the system.
What I really like about all of this new kit with the plexi tops is that when you do run colored coolant like the EK-EKoolant, watching it run through all the components is actually pretty cool for a guy who has been using plain distilled water for years.
With the pump active, the flow meter spins fast and you can see the water being forced across the front and most of the air is driven to the right with the flow. This is why if you are using that fitting to the right, it will take forever to bleed out the loop. I ended up on one of the center outlets as the air doesn't get to them near as easily.
Here is the full kit all assembled and running for the first time and with no leaks I might add. I do have to say this EK water cooling kit with the Supremacy, all of the CSQ components and the blue EKoolant matches the rig very nicely, I just hope it performs as well as it looks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis