High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Getting into some AA / AF tests we can see that 1920 x 1200 isn't an issue for the GTX 660 Ti, but moving to 2560 x 1600, our FPS simply drops too much. This isn't much of a surprise though as we don't see a single card here break the 60 FPS mark at 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF turned on.
Something as intensive as Aliens vs. Predator sees a miserable 42 FPS at 1920 x 1200 and even lower numbers at 2560 x 1600. Times like this we see the smaller memory bus and less memory come in to play.
While Far Cry 2 might be considered old, you can see at 2560 x 1600 we still manage to fall shy of that 30 FPS minimum we want. 1920 x 1200 continues to not be a problem, though, with very playable numbers present.
While not as bad as Aliens vs. Predator when it comes to the numbers, like that game, we see we're below 60 FPS at both resolutions here.
Under Just Cause 2 we can see some great numbers at 1920 x 1200, but again at 2560 x 1600 we see there's simply not enough grunt to hit that 60 FPS average we want for a solid gaming experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 will run upscaled res on Xbox One X
- Interview and Product Tour With Lian Li's Jameson Chen
- MSI says AMD Radeon RX Vega 'needs a lot of power'
- Titanfall 2 enjoys strong 1 million MAU count
- WB Games opens New York studio for live service support
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- repairing rj45 port on g751j laptop
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller
- Full E3 Coliseum lineup announced