High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Getting into some AA / AF tests we can see that 1920 x 1200 isn't an issue for the GTX 660 Ti, but moving to 2560 x 1600, our FPS simply drops too much. This isn't much of a surprise though as we don't see a single card here break the 60 FPS mark at 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF turned on.
Something as intensive as Aliens vs. Predator sees a miserable 42 FPS at 1920 x 1200 and even lower numbers at 2560 x 1600. Times like this we see the smaller memory bus and less memory come in to play.
While Far Cry 2 might be considered old, you can see at 2560 x 1600 we still manage to fall shy of that 30 FPS minimum we want. 1920 x 1200 continues to not be a problem, though, with very playable numbers present.
While not as bad as Aliens vs. Predator when it comes to the numbers, like that game, we see we're below 60 FPS at both resolutions here.
Under Just Cause 2 we can see some great numbers at 1920 x 1200, but again at 2560 x 1600 we see there's simply not enough grunt to hit that 60 FPS average we want for a solid gaming experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Radeon RX Vega barely beats GTX 1070 in leaked results
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives