Since Corsair has been in the chassis and cooling game for a while now, it only makes sense to leap into their own brand of fans. With fans there are three important things to consider for your purchases. One is obviously the air flow through the fan. Typically more is better for most uses. The second thing to consider is static pressure or can the fan "push" the CFM it is rated for or does it flounder when placed against a cooler or radiator. The last bit to consider is the noise levels. While most users looking to extreme cooling on a cooler or in a case, don't seem to care if fans are loud, there is an ever growing user base that prefer almost absolute silence from their builds.
With Corsair's move to fans, they also realized that the market is varied and all users are not created equal. This is why there is a total of five variations in the Air Series that I am about to be discussing in depth. Corsair is offering Quiet fans in 120mm and 140mm flavors, as well as Performance versions and even High Performance fans in 120mm frames. The care package I received has at least one of each variety, while most come in the "Twin Packs" that gives you two fans in one total package. Whether you buy them as single or doubles is up to you, but let's cover the fan options available.
The Corsair fans we are taking a look at come in two groups. The first grouping is the AF or Air Flow series that offers the AF120 Performance Edition, the AF120 Quiet Edition and the AF140 Quiet Edition for those looking for a more average fan for everyday usage. For those of you looking for something with a little more, Corsair also offers another grouping of fans. These fans are the SP Series and these fans deliver more Static Pressure for dense fin arrangements or even radiator cooling. This group consists of the SP120 High Performance Edition and the SP120 Quiet Edition fans.
In today's review we will be looking at all five selections to see just what Corsair brings with this really well balanced group of fans that should allow anyone in need of fans the right solution to their cooling needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASRock unveils the H2R, a Chromecast-like HDMI dongle
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20