Sharkoon 1337 Gaming Mat
Sharkoon included the 1337 gaming mat for me to try out with the Dark Glider. The mat is plain aside from the Sharkoon name on the left bottom corner and the packaging offers a feel of the mat in the cutout above the image all glowing with green light from behind it.
On the back of the packaging there is a description of who would benefit most using the 1337. It seems this mat should offer effortless gliding with the tight smooth weave of the top cloth. As for the features the 1337 is made from durable materials that provide maximum accuracy. It is backed with rubber so the mat won't slide and in total is only 1.4mm thick.
Here we have the DarkGlider on the 1337 gaming mat for a size perspective. The edges are plainly cut and we all know braided cables can do a number on lifting the top material from the backing. As of yet I haven't had any issues in the time I have had using the mouse and mat.
My personal feelings on this mat are that the surface is very slick and the ceramic and Teflon feet both slid very well on it. The edges held together so far, but the slickness of this mat makes moving the mouse so easy that it did take me some time to adjust as I was overshooting players for a couple of days, until I got the feel of the mat. With the right DPI setting and a fair bit of break in to get used to it, the 1337 gaming mat is everything it claims to be. It is accurate, smooth and seems pretty durable to me, but for my personal overall feel, it's almost too slick and sensitive with the DarkGlider for my needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller