Inside the Sensei [RAW]
After gently removing the feet from the bottom of the mouse, I gained access to four screws that I removed to open the Sensei [RAW]. I don't advise you do this, but if you do be wary of the short ribbon cable that runs from the top of the mouse to the main PCB.
Looking towards the back of the mouse you can see the A9500 marking on the laser sensor alluding to the Avago ADNS-9500's use inside of the [RAW].
Looking up the MC9508JM16 brings you to white papers telling you about this MCU and its USB 2.0 capabilities and its 16-bit processing. This is the component that "talks" to the switches and PC.
The right and left click buttons both use the D2FC-F-7N(10M) Omron switches that offer a ten million click lifespan and should give you years of functionality.
The black PCB you saw in the top half of the mouse is what I am showing you here, it's just the top side of it was brown. These are the switches that allow the side buttons and the CPI buttons to function and via the six strand wire, communicate with the MCU and then the PC.
For these buttons, SteelSeries has moved to TTC micro switches to do the work on this section of the mouse.
Once I got the Sensei [RAW] all back together it was time to check my work. When you first power up the mouse it offers you illumination with a "breathing mode" to the lighting. This is the 50% LED illumination, which is the lowest you can set unless you want the light off all together.
Moving the slider for the LED controls in the software to the maximum setting of 100% gives you a bright logo and an even brighter light coming from the center of the scroll wheel. As for the LED denoting the CPI profile, I am on the default profile for this image, hence why it is not illuminated.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] Laser Gaming Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro runs 'hot enough to cook an egg'
- Resident Evil 7 FPS uncapped on PC, settings revealed
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand