Inside the Sensei [RAW]
After gently removing the feet from the bottom of the mouse, I gained access to four screws that I removed to open the Sensei [RAW]. I don't advise you do this, but if you do be wary of the short ribbon cable that runs from the top of the mouse to the main PCB.
Looking towards the back of the mouse you can see the A9500 marking on the laser sensor alluding to the Avago ADNS-9500's use inside of the [RAW].
Looking up the MC9508JM16 brings you to white papers telling you about this MCU and its USB 2.0 capabilities and its 16-bit processing. This is the component that "talks" to the switches and PC.
The right and left click buttons both use the D2FC-F-7N(10M) Omron switches that offer a ten million click lifespan and should give you years of functionality.
The black PCB you saw in the top half of the mouse is what I am showing you here, it's just the top side of it was brown. These are the switches that allow the side buttons and the CPI buttons to function and via the six strand wire, communicate with the MCU and then the PC.
For these buttons, SteelSeries has moved to TTC micro switches to do the work on this section of the mouse.
Once I got the Sensei [RAW] all back together it was time to check my work. When you first power up the mouse it offers you illumination with a "breathing mode" to the lighting. This is the 50% LED illumination, which is the lowest you can set unless you want the light off all together.
Moving the slider for the LED controls in the software to the maximum setting of 100% gives you a bright logo and an even brighter light coming from the center of the scroll wheel. As for the LED denoting the CPI profile, I am on the default profile for this image, hence why it is not illuminated.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] Laser Gaming Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Tekken 7 launches on June 2, 2017 in the Americas
- The end of the world awaits in Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM