Inside the Sensei [RAW]
After gently removing the feet from the bottom of the mouse, I gained access to four screws that I removed to open the Sensei [RAW]. I don't advise you do this, but if you do be wary of the short ribbon cable that runs from the top of the mouse to the main PCB.
Looking towards the back of the mouse you can see the A9500 marking on the laser sensor alluding to the Avago ADNS-9500's use inside of the [RAW].
Looking up the MC9508JM16 brings you to white papers telling you about this MCU and its USB 2.0 capabilities and its 16-bit processing. This is the component that "talks" to the switches and PC.
The right and left click buttons both use the D2FC-F-7N(10M) Omron switches that offer a ten million click lifespan and should give you years of functionality.
The black PCB you saw in the top half of the mouse is what I am showing you here, it's just the top side of it was brown. These are the switches that allow the side buttons and the CPI buttons to function and via the six strand wire, communicate with the MCU and then the PC.
For these buttons, SteelSeries has moved to TTC micro switches to do the work on this section of the mouse.
Once I got the Sensei [RAW] all back together it was time to check my work. When you first power up the mouse it offers you illumination with a "breathing mode" to the lighting. This is the 50% LED illumination, which is the lowest you can set unless you want the light off all together.
Moving the slider for the LED controls in the software to the maximum setting of 100% gives you a bright logo and an even brighter light coming from the center of the scroll wheel. As for the LED denoting the CPI profile, I am on the default profile for this image, hence why it is not illuminated.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] Laser Gaming Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club