On the hardware side of things we really don't see anything different in our testbed and everything is really covered in the above image. Because of that we'll move straight into the boards that we'll be using in our graphs here today outside of the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds.
Alongside the ASUS offering we've also got the ASRock Mini-ITX Z77E-ITX motherboard we recently looked at along with the larger Z77 Extreme6 offering from ASRock. To round out our collection of boards here today we've also got the ASRock X79 Extreme4 and ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z.
Before we get into the performance we want to quickly go over the overclocking side of things to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the board. Starting off with the multiplier we changed that to 46x to help push our CPU to an even 4.6GHz. We got into Windows with no problem and we started to do a few things and everything was okay.
With that looking good we headed back into the BIOS and moved to a 47x multiplier, but we didn't experience the same luck. Because of that we headed back into the BIOS and moved to 46x and messed around with the BCLK a little. Not having much luck we decided to settle on 46x.
Someway through our testing we started to get some stability issues so we had to head back into the BIOS and we moved down to a 45x multiplier, which as you can see above resulted in an even 4.5GHz, which is represented in our graphs here today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung talks about building a 10K mobile display for VR
- Gears of War 4 requires a huge 80GB HDD space on the PC
- Battlefield 1 single player trailer teases Frostbite
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now