On the hardware side of things we really don't see anything different in our testbed and everything is really covered in the above image. Because of that we'll move straight into the boards that we'll be using in our graphs here today outside of the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe which will be running at both stock and overclocked speeds.
Alongside the ASUS offering we've also got the ASRock Mini-ITX Z77E-ITX motherboard we recently looked at along with the larger Z77 Extreme6 offering from ASRock. To round out our collection of boards here today we've also got the ASRock X79 Extreme4 and ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z.
Before we get into the performance we want to quickly go over the overclocking side of things to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the board. Starting off with the multiplier we changed that to 46x to help push our CPU to an even 4.6GHz. We got into Windows with no problem and we started to do a few things and everything was okay.
With that looking good we headed back into the BIOS and moved to a 47x multiplier, but we didn't experience the same luck. Because of that we headed back into the BIOS and moved to 46x and messed around with the BCLK a little. Not having much luck we decided to settle on 46x.
Someway through our testing we started to get some stability issues so we had to head back into the BIOS and we moved down to a 45x multiplier, which as you can see above resulted in an even 4.5GHz, which is represented in our graphs here today.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS