ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Motherboard
Looking at the motherboard you can see we get a really good idea of what's going on and we've got that typical black and blue color scheme that's present on a number of other ASUS based motherboards. Let's move in a little closer to see just what exactly is going on with the P8Z77-I Deluxe.
Moving to the bottom of the board we can see that there's an absolute heap going on starting with the single PCIe 3.0 x16 slot across the bottom. To the left hand side of that you can see a USB 3.0 header, Mini PCIe WiFi card that offer us 802.11 a / b / g / n and next to that we can see two USB 2.0 headers. Also going on around here we can see four SATA ports in the form of two SATA 3G ones and two SATA 6G ones that all run off the Intel Z77 chipset.
Turning the corner we can see two DIMM slots which support up to 16GB of DDR3 with speeds ranging from 1333MHz DDR to 2400MHz DDR via overclocking. Below that we can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector and on the right side we can see the 8-pin CPU power connector. On the far left side we have our main front panel header which works well with the included extender that's in the bundle.
Moving around to the CPU area we've got a bit of a different setup going on here. You can see that ASUS move the power side of things to a separate PCB that sits separate and supports the DIGI+ VRM setup. Moving this off your typical location you can see we've got a very clean setup around the actual CPU area. How this affects heat and other performance is going to be interesting and we'll check that out in just a moment.
Moving over to the I/O side of things you can see we've got four USB 2.0 ports followed up by a HDMI and DisplayPort along with an optical port that runs off the Realtek ALC898 HD codec. Moving across we've got another video out connector in the form of a Single-Link DVI port and above that a place for our two antennas that are included in the bundle. Next up we've got two USB 3.0 ports and above that gigabit networking via the Intel 82579V controller.
We've got a further two USB 3.0 ports and below that you can see two USB eSATA 3G ports that also run off the Intel Z77 chipset like the internal SATA ports. Next to that we've got two little buttons; the bottom one will reset the CMOS and above that we have our USB Flashback button while on the far right we've got three Auxiliary connectors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- NVIDIA's new cryptocurrency P106-100 mining cards tested
- Xbox One sales to hit 63 million in 2021, says DFC
- Ubisoft announces new Assassin's Creed mobile game
- Facebook reaches 2 billion monthly users
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller