Installation and Finished Product Continued
Once all of the thermal adhesive was set, I went on to mounting the shroud and head unit to the card. Since the head unit it screwed to the shroud, adding this back plate and screwing the head unit to the die will also hold the shroud and fan onto the card. Make sure to use the spacers and the foam block to keep from shorting the plate against the card.
Along the inside of the shroud or the side that faces the motherboard, there are four little tabs that will allow you to run the two wires from the 4-pin Molex connection without looking too messy or having a bunch of the wire to bundle and just hang around in the chassis.
The side you do see of the Accelero Hybrid is this. You can see the shroud does go over the RAM sinks just a bit and in the final installation I decided to pass the tubing out of the side instead of the end, as I will be hanging this card in an unusual chassis and this give me more flexibility.
Even with the full length cards such as this one, the Accelero Hybrid covers everything very well, looks good and still allows easy access to the power plugs. With all of the wiring we did see in this cooler, again there isn't too much to look at other than the Molex lead and the F12 fan wire that I ended up securing to one of the tubes.
Here is one last shot of the completed ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid before I go ahead and install it into my Maingear Shift with its 90 degree rotation of its innards. This will leave me with only the top or exhaust near the I/O to attach this radiator too.
Excuse the use of a flash if you will, it was tough to get the right amount of light into this chassis. Allowing one of the tubes to pass through the side gave me the slack I needed to double back on the cooler and hang the radiator at the top. Now we just need to let this run a bit and get to the all important testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017