PowerColor have simply followed the reference design from ATI and created a very cost effective card for people who are interested in upgrading to the latest generation of graphics cards from ATI.
Spending the extra $100 US or so on the other brands results in either a better looking card or upgraded cooling - a lot of people this wont bother as extra cooling can come quite cheaply and is a very easy job and as a result makes the PowerColor product a much more cost effective solution for people. While the card doesn't offer all the bells and whistles as far as looks and cooling goes when looking at Hercules or Gigabyte solutions, it's definitely worth noting that the PowerColor came with two full version games were the more expensive Hercules card only offered the one.
Due to its excellent package, price and performance we have given the PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro our editors choice award.
One of the cheapest 9800 Pros on the market
Performs just as well as the more expensive 9800 Pro cards
Minimum cooling options
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio