PowerColor have simply followed the reference design from ATI and created a very cost effective card for people who are interested in upgrading to the latest generation of graphics cards from ATI.
Spending the extra $100 US or so on the other brands results in either a better looking card or upgraded cooling - a lot of people this wont bother as extra cooling can come quite cheaply and is a very easy job and as a result makes the PowerColor product a much more cost effective solution for people. While the card doesn't offer all the bells and whistles as far as looks and cooling goes when looking at Hercules or Gigabyte solutions, it's definitely worth noting that the PowerColor came with two full version games were the more expensive Hercules card only offered the one.
Due to its excellent package, price and performance we have given the PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro our editors choice award.
One of the cheapest 9800 Pros on the market
Performs just as well as the more expensive 9800 Pro cards
Minimum cooling options
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched