PowerColor have simply followed the reference design from ATI and created a very cost effective card for people who are interested in upgrading to the latest generation of graphics cards from ATI.
Spending the extra $100 US or so on the other brands results in either a better looking card or upgraded cooling - a lot of people this wont bother as extra cooling can come quite cheaply and is a very easy job and as a result makes the PowerColor product a much more cost effective solution for people. While the card doesn't offer all the bells and whistles as far as looks and cooling goes when looking at Hercules or Gigabyte solutions, it's definitely worth noting that the PowerColor came with two full version games were the more expensive Hercules card only offered the one.
Due to its excellent package, price and performance we have given the PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro our editors choice award.
One of the cheapest 9800 Pros on the market
Performs just as well as the more expensive 9800 Pro cards
Minimum cooling options
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni