HIS's Radeon HD 7850 and the HD 7850 in general is just an all-round good model that hits most of those target areas perfectly. On the performance side of things we can see that 1680 x 1050 isn't an issue and quite often we see that 1920 x 1200 continues to also be very strong. 2560 x 1600 isn't always an option, but looking through the graphs you can see that depending on the engine, you're able to still pull in some strong FPS at this resolution.
Moving onto the AA and AF high quality graphics side of things you can see we're close in some situations to hit what we consider a solid FPS. In something less intensive like Far Cry 2, we haven't got an issue at 1920 x 1200. 2560 x 1600, though, even under this older game, isn't an option, as you saw we couldn't hit that 30 FPS minimum that we want to see.
As for the video card itself, the cooler isn't anything too fancy, but it does a good job. Looking at the numbers today you can see it runs cool in both the idle and load department while we manage to also see it pull in pretty good noise levels that shouldn't really bother anyone.
The weakest area of the card is the same as most other cards as we see a bundle that doesn't offer a whole lot. For a while now we've seen companies move away from larger bundles, while they instead opt to push a more aggressive price point. I actually really can't remember the last time we got a video card which came with a game.
The strongest area of the card, though, is probably the price which sits at $239.99 after rebate. The power you're able to get out of this little card for under $250 is really quite amazing and you can see why the model would appeal to so many people. What makes it even more attractive, though, is the simple fact that NVIDIA continue to have this price bracket neglected. We know it won't be for much longer, but at the moment we see AMD continue to be the only company who has an almost complete top to bottom setup when it comes to the Radeon HD 7000 series.
If you're after a video card at a strong price point that manages to offer some strong FPS, this is a great option. The HIS HD 7850 2GB isn't all that fancy, but it does everything you'd want it to do at the $239.99 price point and possibly even a little bit more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- R.I.P. Sir Roger 'James Bond' Moore
- AMD delayed Radeon RX Vega until July?
- Huawei announces affordable Honor 6A smartphone
- Tesla's Model 3 deliveries begin in July
- Huawei unveils Honor Band A2 priced at $29
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning