Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Continued
Under the roof of the R4 there is a pair of the ModuVent panels installed to block noises from passing through, but as I mentioned these will easily remove and allow for a pair of fans or a pair of fans and a slim radiator.
The motherboard tray is also black like the rest of the interior and offers plenty of wire management options. There are the five oval holes with grommets and six tie points to use. At the top is a large CPU cooler access hole and under it you can see the markings around all of the riser holes marked A for ATX and M for the others.
Inside the rear of the chassis you can now see the other 140mm Silent Series R2 fan that matches the one installed in the front of the chassis. Both of these eleven blade fans are silent even at 12V and are suspended on a hydraulic bearing. As for the 7+1 slot covers, they are all held in with thumbscrews.
Behind the motherboard tray, the distance in the R4 has been raised to 26mm of clearance for any and all wiring you want to run back here. Off to the left you can also see the fan leads and the Molex connection for the fan controller.
As far as the wiring is concerned, you get a power, reset and power LED connections for the F-Panel pins on the motherboard. Then you also get the HD Audio, USB 2.0 and the native USB 3.0 connections.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance