The Define series from Fractal Design is one that used to consist of the single version of the Define Mini along with four versions of the Define R3 that was a huge success for them. From what I can gather, the plan was to keep what makes the R3 such a success, but add things that R3 buyers suggested may need improving or just random suggestions that also made it into this newest chassis that Fractal Design is just releasing as I type this.
I have seen both the Define Mini and the Define R3 where the concept was to deliver good airflow within the chassis while keeping all of the noises in there as well. To do this Fractal Design uses a combination of dense open celled foam behind the bezel while the side panels use a blend of cloth and fibers blended to absorb sounds that other panels allow to pass right through. One feature I really liked was the ability to add fans in the top and sides of these chassis. Beyond that, for those that don't want an extra ventilated build, the ModuVent panels can be used to plug the sound leaks. That along with hard drive trays, black interiors with all black wiring, the accents of white on the trays fans and expansion slots, I mean the list goes on and on for the feature set.
I am really glad to say that all of the features that I liked in the previous Define series chassis are not thrown away or lost in any way in the redesign. With our latest submission of the Define R4 in the Black Pearl attire, you get everything I mentioned with lots of new options and features to, in all honesty, make the Define R3 almost obsolete.
With what I am about to show you, it will be easy to see why I say that. Given the choice from what I have already seen from taking the images and doing the build, there is no reason why if you were looking to them for a chassis you could possibly choose the R3 over the much improved and tricked out Define R4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Pandora announces Listener Love Day on Sept. 9, a day of ad-free music
- Xbox manager: 2015 shaping up to be best year of gaming since 2007
- Entrepreneur voices concerns robots could have on human workforce
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 support Intel SSD 750 Series
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015