The Define series from Fractal Design is one that used to consist of the single version of the Define Mini along with four versions of the Define R3 that was a huge success for them. From what I can gather, the plan was to keep what makes the R3 such a success, but add things that R3 buyers suggested may need improving or just random suggestions that also made it into this newest chassis that Fractal Design is just releasing as I type this.
I have seen both the Define Mini and the Define R3 where the concept was to deliver good airflow within the chassis while keeping all of the noises in there as well. To do this Fractal Design uses a combination of dense open celled foam behind the bezel while the side panels use a blend of cloth and fibers blended to absorb sounds that other panels allow to pass right through. One feature I really liked was the ability to add fans in the top and sides of these chassis. Beyond that, for those that don't want an extra ventilated build, the ModuVent panels can be used to plug the sound leaks. That along with hard drive trays, black interiors with all black wiring, the accents of white on the trays fans and expansion slots, I mean the list goes on and on for the feature set.
I am really glad to say that all of the features that I liked in the previous Define series chassis are not thrown away or lost in any way in the redesign. With our latest submission of the Define R4 in the Black Pearl attire, you get everything I mentioned with lots of new options and features to, in all honesty, make the Define R3 almost obsolete.
With what I am about to show you, it will be easy to see why I say that. Given the choice from what I have already seen from taking the images and doing the build, there is no reason why if you were looking to them for a chassis you could possibly choose the R3 over the much improved and tricked out Define R4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl]
- Page 6 [Inside the Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity