Specifications, Pricing and Availability
With only two capacity sizes and a higher price, the Max IOPS version of the Vertex 3 was never a wildly popular drive. As the benchmarks will show, the Max IOPS is one of the better SandForce SF-2281 based drives, even by today's standards. The drive managed to take advantage of newer firmware coming from SandForce and with each release the Max IOPS increased performance and reliability.
OCZ hasn't updated their Max IOPS spec sheet in quite a while even though new firmware has increased performance almost across the board. The quoted performance numbers for the 120GB model were looking at today is 550MB/s read and 500MB/s write speeds. We should be able to push past that performance easily today. The Max IOPS was the first SandForce SF-2281 drive to ship with a maximum 4K Random Write spec of 85,000 IOPS. Firmware updates allowed other Team SandForce manufacturers to make the same claims, but we'll let the benchmarks today speak for the performance.
At the time of writing the OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB cost roughly $185 in the US. We used Google's Product Shopping feature to track down the best price online.
The drive receives a standard three year warranty and ships with a desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws, paper manual and a sticker.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Tesla's electric semi truck
- Radeon RX Vega barely beats GTX 1070 in leaked results
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives