At $149.99 the ASRock Z77E-ITX isn't a cheap Z77 motherboard, if anything it's more on the expensive side of things as we see a number of ASRock offerings come in under this price. While you do of course sacrifice a number of features due to the size of the board, looking at the performance today you can see the one thing we don't sacrifice is performance.
That comes in terms of out of the box performance and overclocked performance. For someone looking at building a system based on an ITX build, there's no reason in the world that we wouldn't recommend this board. Paired with a high-end video card and a CPU like the i7 3770k that we used today, you can have a system that can offer unbelievable performance in a very small footprint.
The smaller footprint of course comes at a cost. We've got less "typical" features that you'd see on a board that is larger. What ASRock does offer us in terms of features, though, on a board this size, is really quite amazing. We've got plenty of USB 3.0 ports and a header for even more. Excellent overclocking features that help offer us an extremely strong overclock and the one feature that probably really stands out is the mSATA port tucked away underneath.
The package side of things is small, but again it comes as no surprise. When you've got a board that only offers four SATA ports due to its size, you don't need eight SATA cables included. With four USB 3.0 ports on the back of the board, another two probably aren't the end of the world either. With that said, though, you can see that ASRock has offered us an 802.11n wireless antenna and that's something we don't usually see included.
The Z77E-ITX is clearly a board targeted for a specific market and you can't deny it's a market that is growing as more companies start to offer ITX cases that have performance in mind. If you don't need a small board, though, you're better off with an ASRock ATX offering which can actually come in cheaper.
Some people are going to see the board they've been waiting for here, others are going to see a board that's too small and costs too much. If you're the latter that's fine, this board isn't designed for you. If you're the former, though, then ASRock has got a fantastic board here for you that can offer some great performance in a small space.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASRock Z77E-ITX Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- HTC co-founder gets a second job at a visual effects company
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20