Cooler Master is well known for a variety of PC components, cases, peripherals and more is just the starting point. Cooler Master has a wide selection of power supplies available to cater to just about any builder's needs and we've recently taken a look at several of their units. Both the Silent Pro Gold 1200W and Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W proved to be awesome power supplies.
We were very anxious to see what Cooler Master was going to unveil at Computex. They didn't disappoint as they revealed the new Silent Pro M2 series which officially launched the last week of June.
The Silent Pro M2 series is available in 620W, 720W and 1500W models. We wouldn't be surprised if they fill the gap between the 720W and 1500W models later down the road. Cooler Master states that the new design incorporates a new 3.3V DC-to-DC board for increased efficiency and newer high quality capacitors as well.
Naturally we wanted to take a look at the biggest one they had to offer so read on as we take the 1500W beast apart and put it through our test bench.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Cooler Master's Silent Pro M2 1500W power supply has a ton of power to offer thanks to the dual 12V rails. 12V1 is capable of 70A while 12V2 makes up the other 55A. Combined output of the two rails is 120A or 1440W. Both of the minor rails are rated for 30A each with a combined maximum output of 150W. Total combined output for the unit is 1500W.
We hoped that we would see a complete list of checks across the board when it came to features, but sadly that isn't the case. The power supply has plenty of protections including OCP, OVP, OPP, UVP, SCP and OTP. The unit features both native and modular cabling. All native cables are fully sleeved and all modular cables are of the ribbon type. The power supply has dual EPS12V connectors and is 80Plus Silver rated for efficiency. Unfortunately it is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C, but is rated for it at 40C.
Pricing for the Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W is $399. There are only three other power supplies on the market within $50 of this price so it is certainly one of the most expensive units currently on the market. Warranty for the Silent Pro M2 series is five years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple buys company responsible for Star Wars motion-capture, Faceshift
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- Google's Nest Cam never deactivates, claims researchers
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS