As if the cable summary wasn't long enough with the 550W model, the 850W model adds an extra set of PCI-E connectors as well as a 4-pin aux power connector for the motherboard. Seven PCI-E, nine SATA, seven Molex and one FDD connector make sure you've got plenty of ways to power your devices over varying length cables. There are also four fan cables so that the power supply can control fan speed on its own.
Just as with the 550W model, rail distribution is a bit complicated with the Dark Power Pro 10 850W unit. It has four 12V rails. Two are rated for 30A and two are rated for 45A. Nowhere in the documentation we received on the unit were we able to find which connections are attached to which rails. For our testing purposes, we will be using what be quiet! calls the "high performance single rail mode" by utilizing the included overclocking key.
A Look Inside
Once opened up, you can see where the similarities between the 550W and 850W models end. There is a significant design difference between the two and our conversations with be quiet! reveal they have done a lot of work with Seasonic to redesign the unit. There is a spot on the PCB for a third capacitor on the primary side of the power supply. It is fairly safe to say that spot isn't blank on the 1000W and 1200W models.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con caps cover the primary side of the be quiet! Dark Power Pro 850W power supply.
More Japanese made Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
be quiet! chose a slightly different fan for the Dark Power Pro 10 850W power supply. It is the BQT T13525-XF20. The only difference is that the fan is a 2000 RPM fan instead of a 1500 RPM fan. It will be a bit louder at 24.2 dbA under full load but that is still very quiet for a power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99