Last month we introduced many of our readers to a power supply manufacturer that they had never heard of before and covered the launch of the Dark Power Pro 10 550W power supply. be quiet! is a German manufacturer of power supplies, fans and coolers.
Not only have they received numerous awards throughout Germany for their products, but they also received an Editor's Choice awards as one of the best damn power supplies we have ever seen here at TweakTown. It isn't something that came lightly, especially when we'd never seen any of their products before.
When we found out that more Dark Power Pro 10 power supplies were being launched, we decided to get our hands on another one to see if be quiet! could give us a repeat winner. Today we are taking an in depth look at one of their latest Dark Power Pro 10 units, the 850W model. The three new models round out the upper end of the series and the Dark Power Pro 10 can now be had in wattages ranging from 550W to 1200W. Of the six units, the 850W model is the only one to be 80Plus Platinum rated for efficiency while the rest are rated for Gold efficiency.
Read on to find out if be quiet! scores a second win on our test bench or just proves to be a one shot chump.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Dark Power Pro 10 series of power supplies utilize a quad 12V rail design and can also be configured to use these four rails as a single rail. We will talk more about this in a little bit. Two of the four rails are rated for 30A each and the other two are rated for 45A each. Combined total output for the four rails is 70A or 840W. Both of the minor rails are rated for 25A each with a combined maximum current of 140W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W total. Combined maximum output is 850W.
Just as before, the Dark Power Pro 10 series covers all the features that we look for in a unit. Protection is provided against over-current, over- and under-voltages, short circuits, overheating and overloads. The unit is rated for 80Plus Platinum efficiency and rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. All of the cables are fully sleeved, both native and modular.
As be quiet! is relatively new to the U.S. market, their power supplies aren't available yet. Overseas we can find the new 850W model for what works out to be about $210. That makes this a pricey 850W model, but if things work out like they did with the 550W model, then you're paying the premium for a top notch unit. Warranty for the Dark Power Pro 10 series of power supplies is for five years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design