Accessories and Documentation
As you can see by the scuff marks on the accessory package this got shipped between the towers and includes all of the mounting hardware you will need for the Frio Extreme.
Inside that box is a clear plastic lid that the universal back plate rides on. The other part is a really dense foam tray that keeps all of the hardware compartmentalized during transit and makes for a handy place to store the goods when not in use.
Floating around freely in the box is this adapter cable with 4-pin female fan connections on either end. This is if you plan to use the fan controller, you need this to make the final connection for power.
You also get four wire frame fan clips. These will slide into those tiny holes I showed you and then they simply clip over the fan as the V-notches set in the fans mounting holes.
As far as the paperwork is concerned, there is a multi-lingual guide for AMD mounting on the left and the Intel mounting is seen with the one on the right. In the middle is all the warranty information you will need if you do run into an issue down the road with this cooler.
The pair of 140mm fans that cool the Frio Extreme are these PLA14025S12H fans. These fans have round-ish frames and 11 blue sickle shaped fan blades that will kick out plenty of CFM and static pressure to make any cooler happy. These fans use a 4-pin connection for motherboard powering or with the use of the fan controller.
And here is the black plastic fan controller that allows for either PWM or your own voltage regulation with the simple twist of the dial. There are LEDs to signify which mode the controller is in and to swap modes you just need to move the switch up or down.
Both ends of the fan controller look exactly alike, but this end says fan on it and the opposite end says M/B or motherboard to denote which of the wires go where. As there are two four pin headers to power the fans on this end, there are also two four pin headers to power it from the motherboard too, but only one is required to power this controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermaltake Frio Extreme CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance