OCZ Vertex 3 480GB SSD
We've had the pleasure of shooting the Vertex 3 several times and each time the shiny surface on the chrome look sticker is difficult to get an in focus image.
The capacity is listed on the back of the drive and this is where you'll find the serial number and model number.
All of the mounting points are where they should be so you won't have any issue installing this drive in your notebook or desktop with the included bracket. OCZ also fixed the wide case issue quite a while ago so that is no longer an issue either.
The included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive to the left so your SATA power and data cables line up with your existing 3.5" HDDs. This makes for installing the SATA power cables much easier than when using brackets that place the drive in the middle.
To date we know of two configurations for the 480GB drives based on the SandForce SATA III controller. The first is what we see here, a SF-2281 with sixteen flash chips, eight on each side.
The second configuration we know of uses the SF-2282 controller and 32 flash chips. At this point, we can't really say which is faster because we only have the 16 IC design on hand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood