OCZ Vertex 3 480GB SSD
We've had the pleasure of shooting the Vertex 3 several times and each time the shiny surface on the chrome look sticker is difficult to get an in focus image.
The capacity is listed on the back of the drive and this is where you'll find the serial number and model number.
All of the mounting points are where they should be so you won't have any issue installing this drive in your notebook or desktop with the included bracket. OCZ also fixed the wide case issue quite a while ago so that is no longer an issue either.
The included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive to the left so your SATA power and data cables line up with your existing 3.5" HDDs. This makes for installing the SATA power cables much easier than when using brackets that place the drive in the middle.
To date we know of two configurations for the 480GB drives based on the SandForce SATA III controller. The first is what we see here, a SF-2281 with sixteen flash chips, eight on each side.
The second configuration we know of uses the SF-2282 controller and 32 flash chips. At this point, we can't really say which is faster because we only have the 16 IC design on hand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel