To start off with, it should be pointed out that the new GeForceFX series chipsets have become nearly a laughing stock to the enthusiast community. While the new technologies do bring DirectX 9 to the table, there are yet to be any real games using this new API. So how does a manufacturer take this questionable GPU and make it worthwhile? In a word, Overclockability.
If you'll recall back when we were discussing the video board itself, I mentioned that it used 3.3ns Samsung memory modules. Most of the FX5600 boards coming out are using either 3.8ns memory, or even worse, 4ns memory. This faster memory allows us to clock our video board a good bit more aggressively than normal. So I decided to put this theory to the test and start raising the bar with regards to both core and memory speeds.
My result was a stable 360MHz core and 725MHz memory. Compared to the factory default of 325/600, this equates to a 10.7% gain for the core and a very impressive 20.8% gain in memory speeds. I'll bring back the results of the Ti4200 board as well as the FX5600 model being tested today and we'll take a fresh look with the new competition.
Makes a little bit of a difference, doesn't it?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance