Inside the PC-V700-B
Inside of the PC-V700 we get a look at a layout I haven't seen before from Lian Li. There is much to see and talk about, but for now let's just cover that the hardware for this chassis gets securely strapped to the bays for the hard drives.
It was tough to see in the last image, but I saw something wasn't right with the 140mm fan in the front. Somehow it came lose when shipped and it locked itself in the front of the chassis like this. By locked I mean that it was twisted and jammed in a place that took me ten minutes to figure out how to free it.
When I removed the panels I didn't notice this at first, but I saw the bit of the tab stuck in a socket. Whatever hit this took, it was a darn good one as it racked the fan, broke this tab and also broke one of the sockets in the frame of the case on the opposite side panel.
Inside of the chassis, with the fan back in place, it is backed by the drive assembly. This allows for a single 5.25" drive at the top, a quartet of 3.5" drives and the duo at the bottom allowing for 2.5" drive installations.
Below the drive bays is where you will need to mount the PSU. There are louvers in the floor, aluminum supports with rubber pads on each side and the adapter plate that gets removed to install the PSU all found here. There is also the power cable adapter that is run from the back of the chassis.
A look inside of the top of the chassis shows the pair of 120mm fans that Lian Li sends with this case. To power these you have the option to use the 3-pin connectors or leave on the adapters and power them with Molex power connections.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Lian Li PC-V700-B Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the PC-V700-B]
- Page 6 [Inside the PC-V700-B Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand