The last time we looked at a Lian Li chassis we saw the PC-V355 which offered users quite a bit of room in a small yet elegant package. This time around we move into a mid-tower solution from them. It is also part of the V series of cases and offers the tag line "smooth as silk, strong as a tiger". If the last submission of the V series was any indication of the strength of their tiger, I am pretty sure I can train a housecat to whoop on it a bit. The reality for me is that I hope this was just a one off experience and it isn't something that is going to become more normal from Lian Li as they always had a fine eye for the details.
Since this is a mid-tower, we definitely are going to get more room inside. We come back to a case with the optical drive facing forward, but so is the power supply in this sample. I saw this once before from Lian Li and I had my reservations at first about heat exhausting the PSU and being pulled into the intake. The fact is my PSUs don't tend to run hot as I always run them with plenty more power than the rig calls for, so the heat dump is more of a heat trickle, if anything. The interior is not amazingly new in what is offered technologically, but I think you will be surprised with all the optional positioning of the drives, the ease in which you get into this chassis, as well as that time tested and proven, brushed aluminum aesthetic that makes Lian Li such a sought after chassis designer and builder.
The Lian Li PC-V700-B is the chassis we will be looking at soon enough. The PC-V700 kept the clip in its side panels like we saw in the 355-B as well as using the small holes on the front to the allow intake of air. There are a few extras to be found in this solution, though. Things like the four included fans, a trio of 120mm fans and a single 140mm to keep this chassis cool internally. We also get the heavy duty latching system for the expansion cards and room inside to mount most of the AIO water systems out there.
I know I have given a lot away right up front, but there is still a lot left to show of the new PC-V700-B from Lian Li.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Lian Li PC-V700-B Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the PC-V700-B]
- Page 6 [Inside the PC-V700-B Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS