The last time we looked at a Lian Li chassis we saw the PC-V355 which offered users quite a bit of room in a small yet elegant package. This time around we move into a mid-tower solution from them. It is also part of the V series of cases and offers the tag line "smooth as silk, strong as a tiger". If the last submission of the V series was any indication of the strength of their tiger, I am pretty sure I can train a housecat to whoop on it a bit. The reality for me is that I hope this was just a one off experience and it isn't something that is going to become more normal from Lian Li as they always had a fine eye for the details.
Since this is a mid-tower, we definitely are going to get more room inside. We come back to a case with the optical drive facing forward, but so is the power supply in this sample. I saw this once before from Lian Li and I had my reservations at first about heat exhausting the PSU and being pulled into the intake. The fact is my PSUs don't tend to run hot as I always run them with plenty more power than the rig calls for, so the heat dump is more of a heat trickle, if anything. The interior is not amazingly new in what is offered technologically, but I think you will be surprised with all the optional positioning of the drives, the ease in which you get into this chassis, as well as that time tested and proven, brushed aluminum aesthetic that makes Lian Li such a sought after chassis designer and builder.
The Lian Li PC-V700-B is the chassis we will be looking at soon enough. The PC-V700 kept the clip in its side panels like we saw in the 355-B as well as using the small holes on the front to the allow intake of air. There are a few extras to be found in this solution, though. Things like the four included fans, a trio of 120mm fans and a single 140mm to keep this chassis cool internally. We also get the heavy duty latching system for the expansion cards and room inside to mount most of the AIO water systems out there.
I know I have given a lot away right up front, but there is still a lot left to show of the new PC-V700-B from Lian Li.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Lian Li PC-V700-B Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the PC-V700-B]
- Page 6 [Inside the PC-V700-B Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI demanded Scandinavian countries extradite Snowden if he visited
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20