While the card is excellent as far as performance is concerned it really is no different from the Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro that we tested along side it.
The kind of people who are going to purchase the Hercules card over the others are people who have been buying other Hercules cards over the past few generations of graphics processors and don't mind spending those few extra dollars for a card that looks better then the rest and carries the name of Hercules for their support and so forth.
The difference between the 9700 Pro and 9800 Pro is around 10% - the jump for people with the older generation 9700 Pro will not find it as feasible unless they live a world where money has no object. Overall the Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro is very nice looking but is held back by the extra $69 US you will pay for a few heatsinks which results in a higher overclock, unfortunately it is very minimal and something the user can perform on other video cards with the simple purchase of Tiny BGA heatsinks., a blue LED and colored PCB from a video card which will set you back around $660 US.
Overall a Very Fast video card
Heatsinks on front and back to improve cooling
Nothing out of the ordinary compared to the other 9800 Pro as far as speeds go
High price tag which is out of reach for most
Rating: 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched